Monday, July 27, 2009

Brake Down

My main topic for this blog is to write about my adventures with model rockets and radio controlled (R/C) cars. But, these past posts I haven't been writing about my little Losi Mini-T. About 10 inches long at most, this little bugger is my one and only hobby grade car. Yet, like my rocket, it hasn't had the smoothest history.

It started out as a Christmas present a few years back(2006). Since there was four feet of snow outside, the little car was kept inside doing figure-eights in my room. Of course, my room is small, so it got a few scars the day it rolled out of the box! Once the weather permitted and with a freshly charged battery, we ripped it up on the street, using the snow as ramps. But, like all cars, it got bumped and bashed and tossed around. By the first 6 months of driving, I had broke my motor, striped my gears, and snapped my shock tower clean off. Plus, the body is no longer red; it is now red with white pin stripes.

Today, my "T" is sitting idle, waiting for a new battery/charger and a new set a treads. The gears are once again striped , yet the motor is still going strong. The cost of fixing it will be about $40 or so, but my main priority is to get the rocket flying. Hopefully I can get the parts soon, so then my car can be flying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like the post? Have a little something to add? Well, here is your chance to get it out there. I'll respond to it as soon as I can.